Thanks for Joining me on this Wild Ride...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but to learn how to Dance in the Rain...or Snow

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ground Hog Day

The Ground Hog saw his shadow and was scared and ran back down into his hole...Boy can I relate. I see my shadow and I'm scared too...Today our County Public Health that is located in the building I work in started their own Biggest Loser competition. 6 Weeks $5 winner take all. Looks like about 35 people will be participating and I am already counting my $175. Well not really but it would be nice. The scale was not kind though, it logged me in at 324. I suppose after breakfast and fully dressed that accounts for some of the weight.
My first day went pretty good had a few snags...went walking with my co-worker but apparently my shoes were wrong and am now limping on my left foot. So am not going to walk today other then what is necessary. I am having a tour of a local gym where I will get a free trial month. It's not conveniently located but it looks, on the virtual tour that is, that it has a lot to offer. I did overcome one major obstacle. We had a going away party at work and I ate nothing. There was really nothing that I could eat except a dish of Texas Caviar which everyone eats with chips. I would have just been able to spoon it and also it was a bit spicy for me so left it all alone. Unfortunately all the left-over’s are up front in our break room bars, cookies, chips, cake and it’s a co-workers birthday today, so that means more cake. But I will resist, I am avoiding the front, have my almonds, Clementine’s, and water back in my office. Brought a lunch of soup, tuna, and a V8 for today. Vegetables are always a hard one for me but I love V8, low sodium version. Eventually I want to get to the point of cooking my own soups in advance and making my own juice. Just need some time and good recipes. It seems so much of the processed food out there has a ton of sodium in it. Trying to find a can of soup without 400 grams of sodium was difficult, even the low sodium versions. But we are taking baby steps and that’s in the plan. Cul8r…Dina

No comments:

Post a Comment